Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A good "how to" article.

I don't know about you, but I love a good "how to" article. The only thing better is an article that tells me "how to" in a few simple steps.

At our staff meeting this morning, I suggested a brief seven-step process for creating blog posts. My goal was to keep it simple so that the steps could be easily shared with our interns. I also wanted to stress the importance of using blogs as a means of connecting users to information through linking. This is also referred to as connective writing.

1) Pick a topic or question.
2) Research and take notes.
3) Embed important links.
4) Write an introduction to your blog post. (even better, write an outline!)
5) Add descriptions for your links. (what will we find when we click and even more importantly, what do you think about it and how does it relate to other information you are presenting?)
6) Revise, rewrite and add more links.
7) Add images, preview and post.

Since generating this super-simple-step-by-step, I found much more sophisticated how-to's about blogging available at DailyBlogTips.com.



This article focuses on generating Better Blog Post Ideas. Our staff agreed that coming up with blog post ideas was by far the most difficult step in the writing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment